- Clinical Skills Facillitaor
- Band 6
- Part Time 22.5 hours per week
- Wexham Park Hospital
- £29,453 - £38,377 pro rata inc HCAS
- 22/07/2018 23:59
Frimley Health is a Trust where great care and great careers go hand in hand. We’re three hospitals working closely with each other and with the communities we serve in Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire - our organisation has brought Heatherwood and Wexham hospitals into the fold of Frimley Park Hospital and its wider community services.
You’ll find the highest standards of clinical excellence across our locations and a friendly, supportive, open culture that brings everyone together. For our team it means a great day-to-day working experience – in a Trust with strong leadership, a clear sense of direction and an exciting vision for the future. The investment and changes ahead make this an exciting place to be. You can play your part in delivering exceptional patient care, while continuing to grow, develop and progress through first class learning and training.
Clinical Skills Facilitator Midwife
We are seeking to appoint a Clinical Skills Facilitator Midwife to join our friendly, dynamic midwifery practice development team at Wexham Park Hospital Maternity Unit. This role is 0.6 Clinical Skills Facilitator and 0.4 Clinical Midwife.
This is an opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic midwife with a passion for teaching, staff development and service improvement. You will be an experienced midwife and will hold a minimum BSc and a teaching and assessing qualification.
The post holder will be required to
- Participate in the delivery of a preceptorship programme for newly qualified midwives and Maternity Care assistants in training
- Work collaboratively with the Practice Development team to enable appropriate educational support for staff within the maternity service to ensure safe quality care is provided for women and their babies
- Participate in the development; evaluation and reporting on high quality educational initiatives within maternity in collaboration with Deputy Director of Clinical Education & Practice Development, Head of Midwifery, Cross site Lead Midwife for Practice Development and Education & the Midwifery Practice Development Teams.
- Function as a role model and practicing professional in direct care of women and babies in line with the NMC code.
Frimley Health Trust is committed to learning and personal development of all staff and you will be supported by the Practice Development Midwife and Lead Midwife for Practice Development and Education.
If you feel this is the role for you and you are ready to join a progressive, innovative trust please contact
Pippa Clark Reina Fisher-Vanwerkhoven
Lead Midwife for PD and Education Practice Development Midwife
Mobile: 07584 600 337 Phone: 01753 633822
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Pippa Clarke (PD Matron) 01753 633822
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01753 633741